Pages

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Minestrone and Meat Balls

This blog originally started as my weightloss journey with slimming world, but as i am a bad slimmer i put that on hold. Rather than start yet another blog i hid all the posts and started this clothes blog. 

However i didn't update my about me on blogger and it mentioned the secret weight loss blog.

I thought i'd mix it up a bit and add in a few food related post, as although i don't go to SW class most of my main meals are sw friendly. 

I'm not going to post syns  etc, google and sw classes can help you work that out. i can offer my best guess or what have you but please don't trust me i'm a bad slimmer.
I saw a post of instagram of home made minestrone soup and pork meat balls, i asked for the recipe but was too impatient for an answer so made up my own recipe.

This is my Minestrone with ELF meatballs
My recipe is:
Soup

  • half a large onion
  • 2 small leeks
  • 2 carrots (or one tin)
  • 1 jelly stock cube, i used asda's own but i think Knorr are a better flavour. i also used chicken. most recipes say to use beef.
  • 1 tin of tomatoes, i used whole plum tomatoes but cut them up with scissors 
  • 2 slices of trimmed back bacon
  • Mixed herbs
  • dried rosemary
Method
  •  sauté the veg until soft and the onions are translucent. 
  • add in the bacon chopped and the herbs. 
  • Make up the stock in a jug make sure the jelly cube 
  • once the veg and the bacon and cooked slightly add in the stock and tinned tomatoes
  • bring to the boil then simmer for 20 mins or until the carrots are cooked through
  • add in small pasta shapes and cook through
Meatballs

  • ELF Minced beef (<5% fat)
  • chopped onion
  • chilli flakes
  • mixed herbs
  • half an egg - or as needed 
Method
  • Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
  • shape into small meatballs 
  • leave in the fridge for a min of 20 mins 
  • cook in a frying pan with fry light or grill or cook in the oven.
I made enough soup for about 7 portions but my hand did slip with the pasta. i had it for Dinner Saturday, Tea Sunday and Dinner on Monday. there is still loads left but i can't face it again!!! 

The soup could be veggie friendly if you used veg stock and left out the bacon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...