This blog originally started as my weightloss journey with slimming world, but as i am a bad slimmer i put that on hold. Rather than start yet another blog i hid all the posts and started this clothes blog.
However i didn't update my about me on blogger and it mentioned the secret weight loss blog.
I thought i'd mix it up a bit and add in a few food related post, as although i don't go to SW class most of my main meals are sw friendly.
I'm not going to post syns etc, google and sw classes can help you work that out. i can offer my best guess or what have you but please don't trust me i'm a bad slimmer.
This is my Minestrone with ELF meatballs
- half a large onion
- 2 small leeks
- 2 carrots (or one tin)
- 1 jelly stock cube, i used asda's own but i think Knorr are a better flavour. i also used chicken. most recipes say to use beef.
- 1 tin of tomatoes, i used whole plum tomatoes but cut them up with scissors
- 2 slices of trimmed back bacon
- Mixed herbs
- dried rosemary
- sauté the veg until soft and the onions are translucent.
- add in the bacon chopped and the herbs.
- Make up the stock in a jug make sure the jelly cube
- once the veg and the bacon and cooked slightly add in the stock and tinned tomatoes
- bring to the boil then simmer for 20 mins or until the carrots are cooked through
- add in small pasta shapes and cook through
- ELF Minced beef (<5% fat)
- chopped onion
- chilli flakes
- mixed herbs
- half an egg - or as needed
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- shape into small meatballs
- leave in the fridge for a min of 20 mins
- cook in a frying pan with fry light or grill or cook in the oven.
I made enough soup for about 7 portions but my hand did slip with the pasta. i had it for Dinner Saturday, Tea Sunday and Dinner on Monday. there is still loads left but i can't face it again!!!
The soup could be veggie friendly if you used veg stock and left out the bacon.